Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Road goes Ever On...

It's a rainy day on the Iron Hill, and Autumn has arrived. I sit in the living room, staying out of the way while all around me are stacks of totes, instrument cases, music stands and laundry bags, bedding, books and other random items to be loaded into the Van, which will soon be taking my Boys and Meali west and south, away from the approaching Winter weather and into a new season of Music and Adventure on the Road.

It has been wonderful having Mark and Ehrich Home for the Summer, sharing music and stories, laughing until tears came, sharing hugs when the tears came with pain. It has gone by far too quickly, and I find myself wanting time to stop, and to give me just a few more days with them. My too-wise children tell me, though, that I gave them Roots and Wings... and Summer is the time for Roots. In Autumn, they stretch their Wings. Like the birds in my woods, it is time for them to follow the sun. The call of the Road is impossible for a Vagabond to resist.

So off they will go this afternoon. They'll be visiting family and friends along the way to the Central Kentucky Celtic Festival and Highland Games this coming weekend (September 24th and 25th). From there, they will head to Troup, TX, and the Four Winds Celtic Festival on October 1st. And, when they are back at the Texas Renaissance Festival, their brother, James, will be there as well.

So, here I will be, at home in my Burrow on the Iron Hill, shouting to you, our friends, about the escapades of my Boys, moving flags on my wall map so I know where my children are, filling you in on upcoming events and looking forward to next Summer, when we're together again on the Iron Hill.

Have a Wonderful Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment